Who we are
We are Stir Communications Group Inc., located in Vancouver British Columbia Canada. Throughout this document “we” and “ours” and “Stir” refers to Stir Communications Group Inc., and “you” and “yours” refers to any and all public site users.
What personally identifiable information we collect from/about you
We collect a variety of information from our users in different ways through our online resources. This allows us to provide better service to you, to personalize our web sites for individuals, to personally contact you if necessary, and to ensure the effectiveness of our services.
If you visit any one of our web sites we may place a cookie on your computer. (See section on cookies for an explanation). In addition, we may collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to calculate aggregate statistical information, to identify general usage records, and to measure traffic patterns for all visitors to our web sites. These do not identify individual users, but may be used for general statistical and auditing purposes.
If you request electronic information via one of our web sites, or if you send us a comment or question via e-mail address, we may keep your e-mail address in a database. This allows us to send you a reply or to provide further information pursuant to your request. For further information about e-mails we send see section below on “Spam”.
If you request printed material via one of our web sites or by e-mail, we will require your name and mailing address to send this to you. You may also be asked to provide an optional e-mail address.
If you have any other contact with our organization, we may ask for and record your personal details including an optional e-mail address.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
We may use this information internally within our organization to send you information by mail or by e-mail to inform you about ourselves. In the event that you reside outside of the country of Canada, we may make this information available to one of our business partners in your locale so that they might initiate contact with you. If you do not wish to be contacted by us, you may inform us of that, and we will abide by your preferences.
We may share your personal and other information with our affiliates (including affiliated Stir websites) and designated service providers.
We may also disclose your personal and other information to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary: (a) to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process; (b) to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings; (c) to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Stir or others; (d) to enforce any terms of service on this Web site; (e) to provide you with special offers or promotions from Stir that may be of interest to you; or (g) to operate Stir’s systems properly.
The collection, further use, and/or disclosure of your information by Third-Party Providers or by other third parties is not Stir’s responsibility. Rather, such collection, use, and/or disclosure is governed by the third parties’ privacy policies.
How we protect your personally identifiable information?
We make every reasonable effort to protect your personally identifiable information, by storing it in secure databases and by using secure servers to receive/transmit your sensitive data. However, this does NOT apply to personal data – including sender and/or recipient e-mail addresses — contained in ordinary e-mail notes while these are enroute between your computer and our servers, during which time these notes must be considered public data. For security reasons we will never send you e-mail notes containing any sensitive or private information (such as credit card details), and strongly urge you to never place such information in e-mails.
How you consent to our organization collecting and using this information
You give us permission to collect and utilize as here described any of this personally identifiable information by making use of any of our online resources, including but not limited to:
* browsing any of our web sites,
* requesting information or materials via a web site,
* sending us an e-mail;
* request any of our services
* purchasing materials through any of our web sites.
What cookies are and how we utilize them
Cookies are tiny files containing small bits of information that your web browser stores on your hard drive at our request. Cookies enable us to remember you and your personal information from one session to another, thereby enabling us to provider better individualized service to you. Cookies also enable us to remember any information you gave us so you don’t have to re-input it on each subsequent visit.
Most browsers accept cookies, but you can alter your browser settings to disable that feature. If you do you can still access most features available at our web sites, but you might have to re-input more data between sessions.
What Spam is and our policy on it
Spam is, by definition, unsolicited e-mail sent for the purpose of marketing to someone who either has specifically requested it not be sent or has no reasonable expectation of receiving it. We consider spam to be an invasion of privacy, and will never send unsolicited e-mails of this type.
We publish an electronic newsletter, and our policy is to operate on the principle of “opt-in”. It is NOT our policy to send you our newsletter without your express permission or your reasonable expectation. If we are unsure for some reason about your preference(s) in this matter (ie. if you gave us your e-mail address without specifically asking to “opt-in” or “opt-out”), we may send you an unsolicited e-mail asking if you’d prefer to “opt-in” or “opt-out”. We will abide by your preferences!
What we do to protect the privacy of children (under 13)
Although our web sites are primarily targeted at adult users, we may also choose to provide online resources for younger persons. Safeguarding the personal privacy of children is of paramount importance, therefore we will obtain verifiable parental consent prior to the collection of any personally identifiable information about children, and will not knowingly give children the ability to post publicly or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior verifiable parental consent.
How you can find out what personal information we hold about you
If you believe that we may hold any personal information about you, you may contact our Privacy Officer by telephone at 604-484-6571, by mail at Suite #256 – 1231 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6Z 0E2 or by e-mail at info(at)stirmarketing[dot]com asking us about that information. For security reasons we will require verification of identity before providing any details.
How you can update or delete personal information that we hold about you
If you believe that the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, or if you wish us to remove any information about you, you may contact our Privacy Officer by telephone at 604-484-6571, by mail at Suite #256 – 1231 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6Z 0E2 or by e-mail at info(at)stirmarketing[dot]com asking us to update or delete that personal information. For security reasons we will require verification of identity before taking any action.
How you can request that we not use your personal information to contact you
If you do not want us to use the personal information gathered from our web sites or from your e-mails to contact you, you may request that we restrict or entirely eliminate sending you any mail or e-mail, other than what is required for legal reasons or operational necessity. You may inform us of this by telephone at 604-484-6571, by mail at Suite #256 – 1231 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6Z 0E2 or by e-mail atinfo(at)stirmarketing[dot]com
Access to and use of Stir Communications Group’s (Stir) web site (the “Web Site”) is provided subject to the following terms and conditions, and the Web Site user (“User”), including, without limitation, any individual visiting or exploring the Web Site, waives any and all rights or claims against Stir.
USE OF THIS WEB SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Use of Materials. All materials, including, without limitation, information, artwork, images, pictures, text, video, audio, programs, and media files (the “Materials”) contained on the Web Site are protected by copyright laws. User may access and use the Materials for personal and non-commercial purposes only. Any modification or use of the Materials for any other purpose without Stir’s express prior written consent is strictly prohibited. Except as expressly provided herein, any reproduction, republishing, posting, transmission, or distribution of any Material on the Web Site is strictly prohibited.
2. Trademark & Copyright Prohibition. User must not, without Stir’s express written consent, use any Stir trademark, service mark, or copyrighted material.
3. Copyright & Trademark Notices. Copyright © Stir Communications Group Inc., 1999-2018, all rights reserved.
4. Printing of Materials. Stir authorizes the printing of Materials found on the Web Site for personal or educational purposes only, provided that any and all copyright notices originally included with the Materials is included in any and all copies.
5. Downloading Software. Any computer software downloadable or otherwise available from the Web Site is licensed subject to the terms of the applicable license agreement. The downloading of software is at the downloader’s own risk. Stir will not be responsible for any damage to downloader’s system, business loss, consequential, direct, or indirect damages, or damages in general, which has occurred as a result of such downloaded software.
6. Change of Materials. The Materials included on the Web Site have been compiled by Stir from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice.
7. Linked Sites. Any site linked from the Web Site is not under Stir’s control, and Stir does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communication, software, or material available at such linked sites. Links on the Web Site are not referrals or endorsements of the linked entities, and such links are provided for convenience and/or information purposes only. Stir disclaims any and all liabilities for any representations or warranties made by the individuals and/or entities of such linked sites.
8. Non-Stir Products. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT ANY MENTION OF NON-STIR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY STIR, ANY THIRD PARTY ENTITY RELATED TO STIR (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIRD PARTY VENDORS), OR STIR’S EXECUTIVES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, PARENT COMPANIES, AND/OR SUBSIDIARIES, IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION BY STIR OR THE INDIVIDUALS AND ENTITIES LISTED IN THIS SECTION. STIR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES FOR ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY MADE BY THE VENDORS OF SUCH NON-STIR PRODUCTS AND/OR STIR SERVICES.
9. DISCLAIMER. THE SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND DATA (COLLECTIVELY THE “INFORMATION”) MADE AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. STIR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. STIR WILL HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO THE WEB SITE USER’S COMPUTER, ANY HARDWARE, DATA, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, AND BUSINESS RESULTING FROM THE INFORMATION, OR THE LACK OF INFORMATION, AVAILABLE ON THE WEB SITE. STIR WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR:
1. ANY AND ALL LOSSES OR INJURIES CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY STIR’S ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, OR NEGLIGENCE, OR FOR CONTINGENCIES BEYOND STIR’S CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, OR DELIVERING THE INFORMATION;
2. ANY AND ALL ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION REGARDLESS OF HOW CAUSED, OR DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS IN DELIVERY OF THE INFORMATION; OR
3. ANY DECISION MADE, OR ACTION TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN, IN RELIANCE UPON THE INFORMATION FURNISHED ON THE WEB SITE.
STIR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTY AS TO THE CONTENT, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION ON THE WEB SITE, OR THAT THE INFORMATION IS RELIABLE FOR ANY REASON. STIR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTY THAT THE INFORMATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS CAN BE CORRECTED. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION, “STIR” INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, STIR’S DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, SUCCESSORS, PARENT COMPANIES, AND THEIR (INCLUDING STIR’S) EXECUTIVES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, LICENSORS OR THE LIKE.
10. Indemnification. User agrees to protect, defend, hold harmless, and indemnify Stir, any third party entity related to Stir (including, without limitation, third party vendors), and Stir’s executives, directors, officers, managers, employees, consultants, agents, parent companies, and subsidiaries from and against any and all liabilities, losses, costs, judgments, damages, claims, or causes of actions, including, without limitation, any and all legal fees and expenses arising out of or resulting from User’s use of the Web Site.