Online Writer and Social Media Specialist (Contract)
Are you a talented writer with a passion for digital marketing? Then we’re looking for you! Stir Marketing is expanding our team and seeking an experienced copywriter with a solid understanding of digital marketing.
Our ideal candidate will be someone with experience in creating great copy for the web — that is, a copywriter who understands digital marketing (including SEO, social media marketing and more).
The position will include researching and writing original optimized content on a wide variety of topics (mostly digital marketing) for a wide variety of digital channels including, but not limited to:
- websites / blogs
- social media posts
- eBooks / lead magnets
- online courses
In all cases, the writer will receive a detailed brief and should be comfortable with providing an accurate time/budget estimate, creating a comprehensive outline and solid first draft, as well as comfortable with receiving detailed feedback and making revision requests as necessary.
- Perform online research (e.g., digital marketing tools, trends and client content)
- Research and write web content
- Liaise with internal and external project managers and content creators
Education and Work Experience
- Post-secondary degree in professional writing, editing, communications or similar
- Education, certification or equivalent experience in digital marketing
- 4+ years’ experience in copywriting, content creation, blogging and/or social posting
- 2+ years’ experience working as a remote freelancer or contractor
Top 10 Reasons to Apply — ok they’re requirements, actually 😉
- You value integrity
- You live in Canada
- You love a creative challenge
- You have digital marketing experience
- You have at least 4 years’ experience writing content for the web
- You can provide writing samples and references from at least two clients or businesses You can provide samples of actual client work
- You’re a grammar nerd who triple-checks copy
- You have a good understanding of the latest trends in digital and social media marketing
- You like collaborating (remotely)
- You find awesomeness comes naturally
How to Apply
- Please submit your application using this form on the Stir Marketing website and include the word chocolate in your application
- Tag @natdigacademy in a creative Instagram post (optional)
(Tip: take a few minutes to stand out from the dozens of other people who will apply and you’ll dramatically increase your chances of making the short list and possibly receive an initial paid test writing task.)
Preference will be given to applicants living in British Columbia. Please note that this is a part-time telecommuting contract position. Only those shortlisted will be contacted, but we thank everyone for taking the time to apply!
Free Social Media Posts for Real Estate
Download ready-to-use, easy-to-customize social post captions and photos you can use for your Real Estate social accounts today! These free social posts for Real Estate are designed to help you build brand awareness, grow your following, get engagement and increase leads and sales.